When importing a project, issue status ids are mapped from the old IDs to new IDs based on the issue status names.
This leads to the Agile Burndown, Cumulative Flow Diagram charts becoming wrong, as the change history entries are referring to different or nonexistent issue statuses.
- Configure Source JIRA with <STATE> and do multiple transitions.
- Make xml backup.
- Import xml backup into Target JIRA
- Check changeitem table oldvalue and newvalue values
The change history oldvalue and newvalue fields are update to match Target JIRA.
When this is done, the change history oldvalue and newvalue fields are not updated.
I can see two ways of fixing this:
- a. Change Agile to look at changeitem.oldstring and changeitem.newstring instead of changeitem.oldvalue and changeitem.newvalue when it's determining status change history
- b. Change the project import process to do the equivalent of:
Update DB table changeitem manually for each state: <STATE> .