Steps to reproduce:
- install a new vanilla JIRA instance
- create a new project. Let's say with key "ADD"
- create a ticket with description "tea". Issue Key ADD-1
- create another ticket (ADD-2) with description contain:
Refer to screenshot Description-Edit.png
- change Project Key Pattern via Administration > General Configuration > Advanced > jira.projectkey.pattern to:
- try to create a new Project with key "PJ0223". JIRA doesn't throw any error.
- go to both ADD-1 and ADD-2. ADD-1 is correct as shown in ADD-1.png. However, ADD-2 will have the description broken as shown in the screenshot Description-View.png
- JIRA also throw following error if :
This is tested in JIRA 4.4.3