JIRA Portfolio allows very fine-grained configuration and setup of plans, making sure that customers can adapt the tool to their complex planning requirements. However, this complexity leaves room for errors and often times it is difficult to figure out what may have been misconfigured.
As an example, there are a number of possible causes why a certain issue or issues do not show up in the plan. This Atlassian Answers thread lists a number of them.
Following the success of the JIRA Admin Helper, it would be very helpful to have a JIRA Portfolio Helper that could be used to determine the answers for the questions like (but not limited to):
- Why does X issue not show up in my Portfolio plan?
- Why is my release red? (Suggestions on possible solutions)
- What else would fit in this release with fixed release date?
- Why does my capacity report show bottleneck?
- What changes I need to make to my existing projects X and Y in order to see them on the same plan? (suggest on missing releases/fix versions, large delta between teams' velocity, incompatible capacity measures)
Through this feature, customers could self-help and adjust issue sources accordingly, determine the logic behind specific scheduling "decisions" by the algorithm.