HipChat Server fails to integrate with JIRA without internet connection. This wasn't the case before.
- HipChat Server v2.0 build 1.4.1
- JIRA 7.1.4
- Both servers are not connected to the internet but are in the same network
- Deploy JIRA 7.1.4 and HipChat Server v2.0 build 1.4.1 on a machine that has no connection to the internet
- Generate HipChat Server's self-signed certificate following the workaround mentioned here
- Import HipChat Server's self-signed certificate into JIRA's key store:
- Restart JIRA server for the changes to take effect
- Follow the steps in the 'Connect JIRA and HipChat' portion of the Using HipChat and Confluence together documentation to complete the installation.
Integration installation completed successfully. HipChat Server should be able to integrate with JIRA successfully without internet connection as long as the servers are able to contact each other on internal network.
Integration isn't successful and user will see the error below:
The integration is trying to reach out to marketplace.atlassian.com.
In JIRA logs we can see the following: