After upgrading to the latest fixed release internal directory users are unable to reset their forgotten passwords or any accounts created with the password box checked so users receive an email to set their password does not work.
This is reproducible on Data Center: (yes)
- Upgrade/install to the latest fixed version of Confluence. (Multiple affected currently, might be all latest.)
- Get a user to click the forgotten password link
- Try resetting that password via the email
- You receive a system error
- Upgrade to the latest fixed version of Confluence. (Multiple affected currently, might be all latest.)
- As admin create a new user and select the option to send an email to the user to set their own password
- You receive the same system error when trying to save the new password
It's been reported Confluence connected to Crowd with only local Crowd user directories is also affected.
The password is changed as expected.
Any password reset/set from email apart from an invitation sign up link results in the same error.
- It's reported it's possible for admins to reset the password from user management
- Then the user can manually change it it under their profile - that method is not affected
- Send the invitation link instead of creating the accounts. That allows them to enter all details and the password is saved.
- Or create the account but set the password and allow them to change it as above