- In the Confluence editor, if we were to paste any invalid whitespaces like "0x8", the character is automatically removed to allow the page to be published.
- But if this character is in the "Status macro", it is not removed, and the page cannot be published.
- Go to the site below, and paste "0001000", binary for 0x8, and convert it to ASCII/UTF-8.
- Copy the result, and try pasting it into a page in Confluence and publish the page.
- The content is removed automatically and the page is published.
- Try adding the same content into a "Status macro", and try publishing the page.
- You'll hit into the error below.
- This issue might be affecting other macros as well.
- The invalid content is removed automatically and the page should be publishable.
- The invalid content is not removed, and the page cannot be published.
- The below exception is seen in our logs.
- Manually search for and remove the problematic content.