The Filter Results macro is amazing to pull up JIRA information on Confluence pages, making beautiful reports of our projects.
Though, when inserting a new Filter or editing an existing one, if you have a numbered field on your JIRA project and would like to add it into the filter, it won't work.
- Create a custom field on JIRA (or select an existing custom one created by Jira, like Story points), selecting the Numbered one.
- Still on JIRA, create a filter from a project that you added the previously created custom field;
- Go to Confluence and create a new page;
- Call the widget with /filter;
- Chose the filter you just created;
- On the add fields drop-down list, find the numbered custom field you created and add it;
- Save the display options of the widget.
A preview of the widget is loaded.
Nothing happens and you can no longer use this macro - you have to cancel and start it over.
- As soon as you hit the Save option in the display options, some 200 requests are displayed, but with an error similar to this: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected keyword at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
- The issue also happens when a user using Text Field (multi-line) and Select List (single choice)
Users may use Jira issue macro to display the field.