Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 6.0.2
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Editor - Collaborative editing
Support reference count:1
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Bug Fix Policy:
Two users are editing a newly created page, whereby user A created the page and passed the URL <base-url>/pages/resumedraft.action?draftId=xxxxx&draftShareId=xxxxx to user B.
If user A closes the editor (as the creator of the page draft), user B will not be able to publish the changes or close the editor.
If user B closes the editor, the user gets an error in the top-right corner of the editor that says, "There were errors discarding your draft. An unknown error has occurred. Please check your logs."
- Login as user A in a browser and login as user B in incognito browser.
- As user A, create a new page.
- Copy paste the link in incognito browser so user B can join the editing session.
- Add some text.
- Get user A to click on 'Close' and 'Discard everyone's changes'.
- Afterwards, get user B to try to publish the page.
- Get user B to click on 'Close' and 'Discard everyone's changes'.
For both outcome #1 and #2, the page should be able to be discarded or saved depending on the user's option.
The page just loads, but nothing happens. This is what we see in the browser console:
We see the following error in the editor: