When a page contains a page include macro in Confluence, even if it is just nested one level deep the page fill fail to render and load indefinitely. CPU usage also goes up to 100%
- Confluence 5.9.1-OD-2015.39.1-0001
- MySQL 5.6
Tested on PostgreSQL 9.2 and could not replicate this issue.
- Create one page with simple text
- Create a second page which includes the previous page
- Download and restore the space export attached to this ticket
- Try to access the 'Include one deep' page
Page loads normally with the included text from the other page
I don't see any exceptions in the logs, but there are multiple blocking HTTP threads (one per page load) and CPU usage is ~100%
Although this is just an error caused by the page include macro, the CPU usage could cause a outages in production environments.
Copy the text from included pages directly and disable the page include macro.