Affects Version/s: 5.8.5, 5.9.0-OD-57-010
Fix Version/s: 5.8.8
Web Browsers' Version:
- Google Chrome 43.0.2357.130 (64-bit)
- Safari 8.0.7 (10600.7.12)
- Mozilla Firefox 39.0
- Internet Explorer 9
Whenever a user tries to edit the Space Permission and update its information, Confluence fails to do so and report the following error:
It happens if the space has given a permission to a group which has a white space in the group name (i.e test group).
Steps to reproduce
- Create a Space and create a group with a similar name.
- Space: Space test
- Group: Space test
- Try to update the Space Permission by adding the Space test group.
- Hit Save All.
- The permissions should be updated.
Nothing happens and all buttons are greyed out.
The following error appears on the console:
Confirmed this will only affect Webkit based browsers, like Google Chrome and Safari.
Use other browsers, like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.