Status: Gathering Impact
Affects Version/s: 5.8.4, 5.9.1, 5.8.14, 5.9.2, 5.9.3
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Editor - Page / Comment Editor
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Support reference count:10
Bug Fix Policy:
The following URI used to work to create a blog post with specified label name does not work anymore in newest Confluence version (5.8.x)
- Create a blog post by pasting the following URI:
- The above URI should create a new blog post in a space with the space key TEST with the following labels : (test1,test2)
the blog post page is created with the correct labels (test1,test2) saved
Blog is created, and the label count is correctly specified. However, the labels are not saved.
- Click cog icon > General Configuration > Custom HTML
- Click the Edit button
- Paste the following into the At end of the Body field:
- Click Save
- Clear your browser cache
You should now be able to create a new blog post and add labels using the following:
Note: the parameter is labels-string vs labelsString
WARNING: Per our Support Offerings, HTML customizations are not supported by the Atlassian support team, but we will always do their best to assist. As with all customizations, we strongly recommended testing in a development environment, prior to implementing in production. Any customizations may need to be reapplied after upgrading.
- Some customers use this parameter in order to avoid selecting different label name mistakenly.
- This method was available previously in 5.0.3
- Stopped working in the latest version, 5.8.x and 5.9.1