Affects Version/s: 5.4, 5.5.2, 5.7.1, 5.7.5, 5.8.9, 5.8.15
Fix Version/s: 5.10.7
Component/s: Search - Core
office connector 126.96.36.199
Support reference count:30
Confluence reindex produces one com.atlassian.confluence.extra.officeconnector.index.powerpoint.PowerPointXMLTextExtractorxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.tmp for each pptx file attached to the instance.
Each reindex creates a new tmp files and leaves the older one there (conf_install/temp), without cleaning it. This can leave a huge garbage in confluence temp folder as we can see in the example below.
The file used for this test was a empty pptx file and it's attached to this issue for testing purposes.
- Install Confluence 5.7 standalone
- Login to Confluence 5.7
- Download the empty.pptx and save it on my desktop
- Create a new Space named test
- Click on the edit button on the home space to enter edit mode
- Drag the empty.pptx from my desktop to the space home page and then click on "Save" button
- Navigate to the folder <confluence_installation_directory>/temp
- You can see a new entry is created on Confluence installation temp folder
Disable the index of PPT and PPTX files for now as stated here.