Reported by Nick Venegas (I was able to reproduce the same symptoms locally):
I've come across a problem in adding a gadget served from a JIRA
4.2-SNAPSHOT (via trusted apps) to Confluence 3.3.
Confluence 3.1.2 and 3.2.1_01 do not exhibit the problem:
1. Run JIRA 4.2-SNAPSHOT standalone
2. Run Confluence 3.3 standalone
choosing the evaluation install during setup.
3. Setup trusted apps between the two instances.
4. Add the JIRA Pie Chart gadget as an external gadget in Confluence
5. In confluence, add a new page and in RTE mode, insert the JIRA pie
- The JIRA pie chart gadget macro text should be inserted into the RTE textarea.
- After clicking insert at step 5, nothing is added to the RTE textarea
- Instead, there is a 403 response to a POST to
- Adding any other macro after this 403 response also generates a 403 response.
If you use the wiki markup editor instead of the RTE, then inserting
the gadget works as normal.
Any ideas on what is going wrong here? I'm not sure if it's a bug on
the JIRA side or not.
If you want a quick reproduction of the bug, feel free ping me and I
can setup up the instances for you to try it against.