- The first item always shows as selected - it is the keyboard focus
- Any item you hover shows as selected - it is the mouse focus
- The item that is the actual value of the selector is not visually shown.
E.g. If items A B and C are in the list, in that order, and C is selected, and your mouse is over B:
- A will show as selected because it is the first item
- B will show as selected because your mouse is over it
- C won't show as selected, because it doesn't have any focus
This has confused customers who expect to see the currently selected item given some visual focus indicator.