Changing/Editing branch variable values in Bamboo, ends up changing another variable value
- Navigate to Plan Configuration >> Variables
- Create two variables:
Variable Name Value test1 first test2 second
- Navigate to Plan Branch Configuration >> Variables
- Add variable "test1" with value "first"
- Click on Edit to the value "first" to change it to be "newvalue"
Somehow, Variable Name "test1" is shown as "test2". It seems that it changes to to the first not-overwritten variable.
- Click on Save
Variable Name is shown as "test1" again
- Refresh the page
- Add both variables "test1" and "test2" to override
- Edit the Variable Name or Value for "test1" or "test2"
- Try to create new Variable for the branch plan
- Step 5 Variable Name should not automatically changed to "test2" when editing the Variable Value
- Step 7 refreshing the page should show Variable Name "test1" with Variable Value "newvalue"
- Step 10 should not be possible to add new variable to branch plan: BAM-17604
- Step 7 refreshing the page shows Variable Name "test2" with Variable Value "newvalue" even though it is supposed to be "test1"
- Step 9 after adding all variables to override, editing Variable Value does not cause Variable Name to have drop down list anymore. Variable Name field have become Text field. Variable Name can be edited to become a new variable that does not exist previously
- Step 10 is possible to create new variable for branch plan after adding all variables to override
If want to modify Variable Value that have been added to override, delete the Variable from the list of Override first and then use the ADD function to change the Variable Value