Bamboo sometimes(not happened constantly, ~1 time from 10) hangs during installation on Windows (2008 R2). And it is needed to stop/start it to continue working.
1. Install bamboo as a service on Windows. Start it.
2. Provide license, proceed with custom installation.
3. Select MS SQL as external database to use. (MS SQL 2014 was used). During DB setup firstly provide wrong credentials, and then provide correct one (looks like issue happened more frequent after that, but not for sure).
4. Wait until Bamboo configured DB.
5. At next screen provide admin username, pwd, and details, click save.
Bamboo redirects user to the first plan creation screen.
"Please wait while Bamboo finalises your setup" dialog is displayed for a long time (I was waiting > 30 minutes and then tried to reload page). See screenshot.
See logs for details.